The main purpose of a Security Officer is to ensure the safety of everyone in the Combined Courts.
- Primarily, the security officers’ job is to vet all the people who come into the Court, and check their bags.
- The security officer tends to “meet and greet” people in the reception area, answer questions, reassure people as to where they are and where to go.
- There is a supervisor and several officers. As the Combined Court covers family, civil, probate and criminal matters, the officers meet a wide variety of people very day, as well as the public who are allowed access to the courts as well.
- You have to be polite but firm!
- To be a Security Officer you have to be police checked (CRB) and attend a variety of courses to learn the basics of first aid, control and restraint, Court procedures, public space surveillance, and others.
To look for job vacancies, apply to Mitie, website: www.mitie.com